Here are the questions to the Jeopardy! answers in the category “First, Queens” I posted a couple of weeks ago:
- Between the boroughs of Queens & Manhattan flows this “directional” river. – What is the East River?
- Queens is the site of Citi Field and this predecessor – What is Shea Stadium?
- Parts of Queens were once marshland, including these “Meadows” that have hosted 2 World’s Fairs. – What are Flushing Meadows?
- Home each year to the Wood Memorial Stakes, this Queens racetrack sounds like an old Roman construct. – What is Aqueduct?
- A nature preserve makes up part of this Queens peninsula that juts “Far” into the Atlantic. .– What is Far Rockaway?
I need to brush up on Queens; I got only four correct. How did you do?
Feel free to leave a comment, and please come back – I write and post often! And if you like what I have to say and how I say it, you’ll probably enjoy my novels as well. They’re listed below, and you can read more about them on my improved website, designed and built by my son Don, http://www.randolphmase.com. On my site, you’ll also find excerpts of my books that you can read – please check it out!
Randolph Mase, Fiction Writer
Death on Broadway
Death Beneath the Streets
Death in Central Park
Death at the Cloisters (just published!)
Death Inside Diamond Head (under construction)